cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Ralph Goers <Ralph.Go...@dslextreme.com>
Subject Re: Question about sample site in trunk
Date Wed, 09 Jan 2008 05:11:17 GMT
Maybe we are on the same page, but I'm unclear what you mean by
"include".  A cocoon release should consist of nothing more than
deploying artifacts to the maven repository. End users should be getting
the release by specifying the version number of the release in the
archetypeVersion. To create the sample site they should do:

mvn archetype:create -DarchetypeGroupId=org.apache.cocoon
-DarchetypeArtifactId=cocoon-archetype-samples -DarchetypeVersion=1.0.0
-DgroupId=com.mycompany -DartifactId=samples
mvn install
mvn jetty:run

IIRC the source can also be placed in the maven repository, so if they
want to see what the source for samples look like we should be able to
provide something that will retrieve them.

Even if we can't do this, there are 2 things I do not want to see. 1)
End users have to download all the source for Cocoon or 2) End users
have to individually download a bunch of zips to get the source for all
the various sample blocks.

Ralph