cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Ralph Goers <Ralph.Go...@dslextreme.com>
Subject Re: svn commit: r609282 [1/2] - in /cocoon/trunk: blocks/cocoon-core-sample/cocoon-core-main-sample/src/main/resources/COB-INF/modules/ blocks/cocoon-core-sample/cocoon-core-main-sample/src/main/resources/COB-INF/modules/a/ blocks/cocoon-core-sample/cocoon...
Date Wed, 09 Jan 2008 00:14:59 GMT
Rats. Sorry. I was trying to squeeze that in when I had free time and I
just get so used to skipping the tests since every time I've tried to
run them my build has failed. I shouldn't have assumed they were still
not working.

To be honest when I was working on this I was just very frustrated at
how much more complicated 2.2 is and was just looking for the simplest
way to get VariableResolvers working everywhere like it does in 2.1. I
spent hours over the weekend trying to get all this working. I should
have raised some of these issues on the list before I checked it in:
1. Why on earth is VariableResolverFactory doing a lookup on
StringTemplateParserVariableResolver.ROLE? Spring is supposed to free
you to allow any implementation of an interface - or is
StringTemplateParserVariableResolver the only acceptable implementation?
(In which case, why is it even configurable via Spring?). It seems to me
this should be replaced with VariableResolver.ROLE.
2. Does PreparedVariableResolver (the resolver in 2.1) still work?  If
it does I can have BridgeElementParser register it and then have
SitemapElementParser replace the VariableResolver bean with
StringTemplateParserVariableResolver. I'll give this a try and see what
happens. Of course, it may have the same dependency problems.

BTW - I couldn't find a reference to LegacyVariableResolver anywhere.
Did you really mean LegacySitemapStringTemplateParser?

Ralph