cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Grzegorz Kossakowski <gkossakow...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Question about sample site in trunk
Date Tue, 08 Jan 2008 19:45:02 GMT
Vadim Gritsenko pisze:
> On Jan 8, 2008, at 1:34 AM, Ralph Goers wrote:
>
>> How hard would it be to create an archetype to create the pom
>> automatically? Users would then either just build and run it or edit
>> it first to remove stuff they don't care about.
>>
>> Telling them to create pom.xml inheriting from core-cocoon-webapp
>> still requires that they a) know how to do that and b) know what
>> samples exist that they can add.
>
> I would expect sample webapp to be a part of the binary download:
>
>> - provide a binary release of Cocoon 2.2 (Reinhard)

We were not shipping samples because samples should depend on released artifacts, only. Anyway,
agree that we need to find a way for distribution of our samples.

However, I wonder how we will treat them? As official released packages with version number
schemes,
etc.?
I would like to go with just creating zip archives containing source code of all our samples
that
depend on released artifacts. We would update such archive from time to time, as need occurs.
don't think we need any more formalization. WDYT?

--
Grzegorz Kossakowski