cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From hepabolu <hepab...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: FAQ dcoument
Date Sun, 06 Jan 2008 17:31:25 GMT
Reinhard Poetz said the following on 6/1/08 13:51:
> Vadim Gritsenko wrote:

>>> The regular Daisy approach is to create a branch for each version.
>>> That way you can answer the same FAQ different for each version. I'm
>>> not sure if you can batch move documents to a specific branch.
>>
>> IMHO there is no much potential for shared FAQs with two different
>> answers for each version. I think it's a better approach to have
>> unique FAQ document per version, meaning for 2.2 we should start from
>> scratch.
>
> +1
>
> additionally I've never tested if the Daisy exporter works correctly
> with references to branched documents. If we ever need this in the
> future, we will have to try it out before.

What if you create different collections for different versions?
Documents can be part of multiple collections, so that is a way to
differentiate between the two. It would make exporting easier as well.

OTOTH if you need to create different collections for each block, you
quickly run into loads of collections.

Reinhard, would a single version-based collection be enough to extract
the documents for a specific version or does your exporter work differently?

Bye, Helma