cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Ralph Goers <Ralph.Go...@dslextreme.com>
Subject RequestModule
Date Fri, 04 Jan 2008 09:12:49 GMT
I'm trying to test the change to JXPathHelper and have run into problems
on the RequestModule sample. It fails in JXPath trying to process the
attributeNames. The problem occurs because the attributeNames member of
ReqeustWrapper is represented by an IndexedPropertyDescriptor instead of
a PropertyDescriptor. When JXPath calls ValueUtils.getValue() it fails
because the getReadMethod call returns null. This is because it is
returned in getIndexedReadMethod instead.

This does not happen in BRANCH_2_1_X where attributeNames is represented
by a PropertyDescriptor.

I believe this is happening because in trunk getAttributeNames is now
overloaded where it wasn't in 2.1.x. The only way I can think of to fix
this is to leave getAttributeNames() as is (returning the attribute
names that are of global scope) and replace getAttributeNames(int scope)
with getLocalAttributeNames() and have it only return the local
attribute names.

Any other ideas?

Ralph