cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Joerg Heinicke <joerg.heini...@gmx.de>
Subject Re: Repository block and C2.2
Date Fri, 04 Jan 2008 03:03:20 GMT
On 02.01.2008 11:26 Uhr, Robin Wyles wrote:

> Looking at the pom I don't see any version numbers, but the dependencies
> seem to be:
>
> cocoon-core
> cocoon-eventcache-impl
> excalibur-datasource
> servlet-api

 From what I know in this case these versions are in the parent POM. And
all these dependencies should be releases. You might need to convert
cocoon-eventcache-impl first though - or get rid of the dependency. It
was always quite big dependency tree for repository block if I remember
correctly. See 2.1 blocks.properties [1].

>> For final I would like to see some samples (repository block lacks
>> any) and at least minimal coverage by tests.

Grek is really pushing hard for getting better test coverage :)

> Me too, after going through your points below my plan is to write
> initial tests for SourceRepository to test all repository operations
> using a local file:// based repository.
>
> Ultimately I would like to see this block springified (sprung?) too - I
> envisage us creating our own Repository implementations and would much
> prefer to do this using Spring.

I wonder if we are going the same way as for forms block: 1.0 for the
2.2-converted block, 1.1 for the next step, the springification. This
means we should do this migration in 2 steps.

>> I think that the best strategy would be to create configuration of
>> sitemap components in order to
>> get them running then try to run rest of components.
>
> Will do this and set up some tests for these components - I'm still
> figuring out how some of the other components in this block are used and
> so how they can be tested.
>
>> I guess it's not that much work left in order to prepare first
>> milestone release of repository block
>> but having even few samples would be highly appreciated.
>
> I'll report back after I've taken a look at the above and will hopefully
> have an idea of what the samples could contain.

Maybe it does not make much sense to have samples for this block,
especially if it does only provide basic functionality. I don't know the
scope of the repository block though. But maybe it's up to blocks like
webdav to provide the actual samples. The test coverage is probably more
important.

Joerg

[1]
http://svn.apache.org/viewvc/cocoon/branches/BRANCH_2_1_X/blocks.properties?revision=488038&view=markup