cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From David Crossley <cross...@apache.org>
Subject Re: svn commit: r611525 - /cocoon/trunk/blocks/cocoon-imageop/cocoon-imageop-impl/src/changes/changes.xml
Date Wed, 16 Jan 2008 01:48:05 GMT
Grzegorz Kossakowski wrote:
> Joerg Heinicke pisze:
> > joerg wrote:
> >>
> >> Modified:
> >>
> >> cocoon/trunk/blocks/cocoon-imageop/cocoon-imageop-impl/src/changes/changes.xml
> >
> > Could it be we switched from status.xml to changes.xml? :)
>
> Yes, I believe so. I haven't touch any status.xml since I'm committer and nobody complained
to date. :)

> > There are still 100 status.xml in trunk. Before I clean them up I want
> > to know if that's correct.
>
> File changes.xml is supported by Maven reporting plug-in[1]. I don't know anything about
a tool
> supporting status.xml in trunk so you can be almost sure we have switched.
>
> [1] http://maven.apache.org/plugins/maven-changes-plugin/

The status.xml files were used when Forrest generated the
Cocoon docs for both 2.1 and trunk.

They should still be used for all 2.1 changes.

When trunk docs were moved to using Maven, some people kept
adding to */status.xml as there was no replacement for generating
changes. Now the 2.2 status.xml files need to be migrated.

-David