cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Vadim Gritsenko <va...@reverycodes.com>
Subject Re: [2.2] Problems with local input modules
Date Thu, 20 Dec 2007 15:22:54 GMT
On Dec 20, 2007, at 9:41 AM, Carsten Ziegeler wrote:

> Vadim Gritsenko wrote:
>> On Dec 20, 2007, at 4:40 AM, Carsten Ziegeler wrote:
>>
>>> I'm not 100% sure, but I have the feeling that the current way of
>>> resolving the variables in a sitemap is using the root spring
>>> context
>>> but not the application context of the sitemap in question. This
>>> is just
>>> a guess.
>>>
>>> I get the following error. Before I dig deeper into the problem, can
>>> someone confirm/deny that my above asumption is correct?
>>
>> Confirmed. Problem is that
>>
>> There is no "resolver.setManager()" or something to pass in currently
>> effective manager into VariableResolver so it ends up using global
>> service manager.
>>
> Argh, thanks Vadim - this is something which must be definitly
> fixed. Do
> you have an idea how to fix this?

I don't know how to fix it in "Springy" way...

I could... since StringTemplateParserVariableResolver is a prototype
scoped bean, add a service manager setter to it, pass it to
LegacySubstitutions... Then StringTemplateParser somehow should be
made aware of current service manager. Since it currently is not a
prototype scoped bean and interface method 'parseSubstitutions' does
not take ServiceManager... I'd probably go for extending the interface.

Is there some Springy thing like block scope which can be used here?
Or something else which is better than what I suggested? :)

Vadim