cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Vadim Gritsenko <va...@reverycodes.com>
Subject Re: Preparing Cocoon 2.2-final
Date Wed, 19 Dec 2007 16:32:21 GMT
On Dec 19, 2007, at 11:08 AM, Reinhard Poetz wrote:

> Vadim Gritsenko wrote:
>> Generally, making sure that 2.1 functionality is working fine in
>> 2.2 is more critical. Once it is all there, we can finally make a
>> beta release.
>
> What do you mean by "beta"?

It is getting to the stable state, implementation (barring few bugs)
is almost working.

If you recall:
   Alfa: Interfaces are almost complete, but changes are still possible.
         Implementation is incomplete, unstable.
   Beta: Interfaces are complete.
         Implementation is almost complete, but bugs are still present
and changes are expected.
   RC/Final:
         Interfaces are complete.
         Implementation is complete.
         Expected changes amount to performance improvements, code
cleanup, and documentation.

For example, if I'm not mistaken, cocoon-servlet-service-impl is
currently clearly in the alfa state:
  * TODO Plenty of work left to have a meaningfull implementation of
all methods
  // TODO Auto-generated method stub
etc.

Vadim