cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Grzegorz Kossakowski <g...@tuffmail.com>
Subject Re: svn commit: r606743 - /cocoon/branches/BRANCH_2_1_X/tools/targets/webapp-build.xml
Date Sat, 29 Dec 2007 10:48:54 GMT
solprovider@apache.org pisze:

> We needed a new 2.1 because at least one very annoying bug was
> patched.  When releasing 2.1.11 was first discussed, someone mentioned
> making this the final release as most of the Cocoon devs are working
> on 2.2.  I hope you are correct that development of Cocoon-2.1 has not
> ended.  I like Cocoon-2.1 and have several patches to contribute.
> This patch was to make application creation even easier.  Cocoon-2.2
> has progressed in a different direction and requires much more
> configuration.

It was me who wanted to kill 2.1.x branch but I was pointed out immediately that in OS world
there
is no way to kill something. As long as there is a community interest 2.1.x branch will be
live. You
may noticed that some people has expressed such an interest.

I understand your motivation to have all your patches included in upcomming release but this
one is
really controversial so you must understand it may generate tensions.

When it comes to reviewing. I think it's fair to say that if there is no response to your
JIRA
report/mail on dev within 2-3 weeks it's wise to send another e-mail to the dev list reminding
people of your affair. I have done this several times in the past.

--
Grzegorz Kossakowski