cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Grzegorz Kossakowski <g...@tuffmail.com>
Subject Re: svn commit: r597535 - in /cocoon/trunk/blocks/cocoon-forms/cocoon-forms-impl/src: main/java/org/apache/cocoon/forms/datatype/FlowJXPathSelectionList.java test/java/org/apache/cocoon/forms/datatype/FlowJXPathSelectionListTestCase.java
Date Thu, 27 Dec 2007 02:25:04 GMT
Joerg Heinicke pisze:

>> I was hit another time by this issue. Are there any news on this? Or
>> do you have any clue what may
>> have caused the change of how documents are parsed and why it seems to
>> be only a problem for test cases?
>
> I can imagine two possible reasons:
> 1. Different class path settings so that a different parser library is
> used, maybe endorsed libs stuff.
> 2. Options on the DocumentBuilderFactory or the SAXParserFactory.

I just checked this issue more carefully and here are my findings:
1. The FlowJXPathSlectionListTestCase has been broken a long time before Giacomo started his
work on
Springification of Forms. It was not failing because it was simply excluded from a build process.
2. I checked DOM spec. and it says[1] something contrary to what you have said earlier:
As far as the DOM is concerned, special attributes used for declaring XML namespaces are still
exposed and can be manipulated just like any other attribute.
3. My gut feeling is that we are affected by XALANJ-2091[2] bug. I'll try to verify my feelings
tomorrow.

[1] http://www.w3.org/TR/2004/REC-DOM-Level-3-Core-20040407/core.html#Namespaces-Considerations
[2] https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/XALANJ-2091

--