cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Carsten Ziegeler <cziege...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Spring Configurator & Blocks
Date Wed, 26 Dec 2007 17:15:30 GMT
Vadim Gritsenko wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> I've read several times on this list that cocoon-spring-configurator is
> supposed to be a component re-usable in non-cocoon projects. If this is
> so, few things there don't look reusable to me:
>
>   DefaultBlockResourcesHolder
>   DeploymentUtil
>   BlockResourcesHolder
>
> These seems to be highly specific things used by cocoon blocks, and
> worse of all is that they are loaded by default by SettingsElementParser.
Yes, the cocoon-spring-configurator is really supposed to be used
without Cocoon.
I'm currently talking with the jetspeed guys as they need something similar.

And you're right that the block stuff you mention above is more Cocoon
specific, so we could perhaps move this to a different place.

Carsten

--
Carsten Ziegeler
cziegeler@apache.org