cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Reinhard Poetz <reinh...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Preparing Cocoon 2.2-final
Date Thu, 20 Dec 2007 10:29:54 GMT
Vadim Gritsenko wrote:
> On Dec 19, 2007, at 11:08 AM, Reinhard Poetz wrote:
>
>> Vadim Gritsenko wrote:
>>> Generally, making sure that 2.1 functionality is working fine in 2.2
>>> is more critical. Once it is all there, we can finally make a beta
>>> release.
>>
>> What do you mean by "beta"?
>
> It is getting to the stable state, implementation (barring few bugs) is
> almost working.
>
> If you recall:
>   Alfa: Interfaces are almost complete, but changes are still possible.
>         Implementation is incomplete, unstable.
>   Beta: Interfaces are complete.
>         Implementation is almost complete, but bugs are still present
> and changes are expected.
>   RC/Final:
>         Interfaces are complete.
>         Implementation is complete.
>         Expected changes amount to performance improvements, code
> cleanup, and documentation.
>
> For example, if I'm not mistaken, cocoon-servlet-service-impl is
> currently clearly in the alfa state:
>  * TODO Plenty of work left to have a meaningfull implementation of all
> methods
>  // TODO Auto-generated method stub
> etc.

We have already shipped milestones and release candiates of Cocoon 2.2. I'm a
bit puzzled why we should switch our agreed release strategy now. I also think
that if we switch, it will take us another year or longer until Cocoon 2.2-final
is ready - in my opinion that's much too long just because of a few bugs.