cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Reinhard Poetz <reinh...@apache.org>
Subject Spring bean names
Date Fri, 07 Dec 2007 14:25:36 GMT
Vadim Gritsenko wrote:
> On Dec 7, 2007, at 2:59 AM, Carsten Ziegeler wrote:
>
>> Vadim Gritsenko wrote:
>>>
>>> Thanks for quick fix! btw why bean is named
>>> "org.apache.cocoon.portal.om.CopletAdapter.cocoon" and not
>>> "org.apache.cocoon.portal.om.CopletAdapter/cocoon"?
>>>
>> Good question - to be honest, I don't know :)
>> I think there were some problems with using a "/" in Spring bean names
>
> Hmm... That's bad.

It's not really a problem. You can't use "/" in id attributes. That was the
reason why <bean name=""/> was introduced because Spring webflow needed a way to
put URIs into bean ids.

>> and I saw that I used a "." already in other configurations for the
>> portal. I guess in the end, it doesn't matter as these components are
>> accessed through our spring configurator bean map and this bean map
>> checks for boths versions.
>
> Did not know this; I thought only '/' is allowed.

The "/" is used if an Avalon selector is mimicked. If you access Spring beans
using the Spring Configurator's bean map, the name doesn't matter because the
selection is done based on the interface name.

--
Reinhard P├Âtz                            Managing Director, {Indoqa} GmbH