cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Reinhard Poetz <reinh...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Servlet service request
Date Tue, 04 Dec 2007 07:38:34 GMT
Ralph Goers wrote:
> Reinhard Poetz wrote:
>

>> Have you visited Amazon.com or some of Google's apps recently?
> Just went to Amazon. I immediately noticed that they set cookies named
> "session-id", "session-time", and "session-token". Somehow that doesn't
> seem completely stateless to me.

I was referring to your Javascript argument: "I certainly won't get in your way,
but I just don't believe we'll get there into browsers evolve into something
"smarter" than what they are today. We went through great pains removing a ton
of Javascript from our web sites because downloading the libraries was cutting
response time in half - or even more on dial-up connections."

Seeing one of the biggest websites enhancing their websites with Javascript is
some kind of a proof to me that Javascript has become a mainstream technology at
the client-side.

                                      - o -

I'm aware that there are only a few websites that follow RESTstyle principles.
The main problem was that there hadn't been a real good source of information
but since Sam and Leonard have published their book this problem has been
mitigated at least.
I'm pretty sure that this marks a major change in the way how developers are
going to build their web applications in the future. Anyway, time will show if
I'm right ...