cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Ralph Goers <>
Subject Re: Servlet service request
Date Sun, 02 Dec 2007 18:40:49 GMT

Carsten Ziegeler wrote:
> I don't know if there are any benefits for the portal to switch from
> cocoon to servlet - but as we are talking about deprecating the cocoon
> portal, it might make sense...
Actually, that is the first time I've heard you mention deprecating the
portal. I happen to believe it is one of the most useful things in
Cocoon. As I've said, we have no business trying to compete with "real"
portals, but as a way of aggregating content into web sites the portal
is pretty nice.
> Yes, the portal should be an own block and coplets could be contained in
> separate blocks as well. I'm also planning to make the portal run in an
> OSGi environment *and* to run JSR 286 portlets locally - perhaps through
> blocks perhaps "directly". But these things are on the bottom of my
> portal list. Currently I'm trying to finish all the refactorings and get
> the samples working again.
Well, I'm glad to see you are not just doing only CMS stuff these days ;-)

View raw message