cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Carsten Ziegeler <cziege...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Servlet service request
Date Sun, 02 Dec 2007 15:09:48 GMT
Ralph Goers wrote:
> I suspected that you might make that switch, although I'm not really
> sure what the benefits are. Will it allow coplets to be individual
> blocks with the portal being a separate block? If so, that would be
> great.  In that case it might be possible to make JSR 286 portlets be
> blocks as well (in addition to the requirement that they be separate war
> files).
I don't know if there are any benefits for the portal to switch from
cocoon to servlet - but as we are talking about deprecating the cocoon
portal, it might make sense...

Yes, the portal should be an own block and coplets could be contained in
separate blocks as well. I'm also planning to make the portal run in an
OSGi environment *and* to run JSR 286 portlets locally - perhaps through
blocks perhaps "directly". But these things are on the bottom of my
portal list. Currently I'm trying to finish all the refactorings and get
the samples working again.

Carsten

--
Carsten Ziegeler