cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Thorsten Scherler <thorsten.scherler....@juntadeandalucia.es>
Subject Review of patches (was Re: svn commit: r606743)
Date Fri, 28 Dec 2007 12:47:49 GMT
On Fri, 2007-12-28 at 12:26 +0100, Bertrand Delacretaz wrote:
> On Dec 28, 2007 11:30 AM, Joerg Heinicke <joerg.heinicke@gmx.de> wrote:
>
> > On 28.12.2007 11:19 Uhr, Bertrand Delacretaz wrote:
> > > ...In other words, commits from non-Cocoon committers who have SVN rights
> > > to our codebase must be review-then-commit, *not* commit-then-review.
> >
> > The suggested patch was to be reviewed since mid of the year ... it has
> > been part of the original issue description [1]....
>
> "To be reviewed", ok but no none looked at it, so in RTC mode this
> doesn't mean one should apply the patch.
>
> We should have looked at it, of course..but that didn't happen, so
> it's not "reviewed".

Well, yes, the patch should have reviewed. Lately I see in a couple of
projects that patches are there for ever.

That is really bad, more if you have the "power" to commit it. I
personally are more motivate by a quick review and if possible commit.

We need to consider that most of us are developing customer projects,
where we need this fixes. If they are not going relative quick in the
code base some of are forced to fork for the customer (really bad). If
you have done this a couple of time and your patches still are not part
of the code base one tends to stop submitting patches.

However I do not really see the need to have the rule review-then-commit
for lenya-committer. IMO that highly depends on the change. I lately
could fix some minor issues (typos, ...) where I did not ask whether or
not I could commit. Other commits however I asked and got a quick answer
(thanks again). I can remember that we said this is ok.

just my 2 cents.

salu2