cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Andreas Hartmann <andr...@apache.org>
Subject Enabling the SourceProtocolHandler in the Batik block
Date Thu, 22 Nov 2007 11:04:30 GMT
Hi Cocoon devs,

we're using the SVGSerializer in Lenya (with Cocoon 2.1.x).
It would be very convenient if we could use the source resolving
facilites to include images.

I used an action to pass the current source resolver to the
SourceProtocolHandler, but this resulted in an NPE because the URI of
the TranscoderInput object was null. After I applied a little patch to
the SourceProtocolHandler which enabled the fallback to the default
handler if the URL to resolve is null, it worked.

Is the SourceProtocolHandler supposed to work out of the box?
Is it possible that I did something wrong which lead to the NPE?
Is there a recommended way to setup the SourceProtocolHandler?

Thanks a lot in advance!

-- Andreas

--
Andreas Hartmann, CTO