cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From "Jasha Joachimsthal" <j.joachimst...@hippo.nl>
Subject RE: Cocoon website urls
Date Sat, 17 Nov 2007 08:33:58 GMT

-----Original Message-----
From: Grzegorz Kossakowski [mailto:gkossakowski@apache.org]
Sent: Fri 11/16/2007 20:51
To: dev@cocoon.apache.org
Subject: Re: Cocoon website urls

Carsten Ziegeler pisze:
> I know that this has been discussed in the past, but nevertheless do we
> really think that urls like
>
> http://cocoon.apache.org/2.2/1290_1_1.html
>
> are suited for a top web framework of the 21st century? "1290_1_1" has
> absolutely no meaning. So what can be done about it?

I support you Carsten on this. I talked about this with Reinhard and, AFAIR, he told me that
the
main reason was to have links immutable. I think we could loosen our requirement for having
immutable links to just provide permanent redirection for changed titles.

I must admit I haven't evaluated if it's technically easy to achieve but at least such idea
is
rather conforms HTTP spec.

The worst thing is that our current version of Daisy does not support titles as names of published
documents. Am I right Reinhard?

--
Grzegorz Kossakowski

What about a mixture of the unchangeable id's and the title. Like http://cocoon.apache.org/2.2/1290_1_1/Your_first_XML_pipeline_(publishing).html
and that can be changed into
http://cocoon.apache.org/2.2/1290_1_1/The_new_title_of_the_page.html

Shouldn't be that hard to match in Cocoon on the 1290_1_1 ;)

Jasha