cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Dev at weitling <d...@weitling.net>
Subject Re: Servlet service request
Date Fri, 30 Nov 2007 08:25:25 GMT

Grzegorz Kossakowski wrote:
> Reinhard Poetz pisze:
>
>> After have been using the servlet-service framework for about 1/2 a
>> year, I have to say that I haven't been missing the access to sessions
>> because a child-request shouldn't affect a parent request. Whatever it
>> has to return to its parent, should be part of the response IMO instead
>> of being passed around indirectly.
>>

> I have exactly the same feelings as Reinhard on this. If you want to pass something to
child request
> use request parameters for simple values or POST request (using postable source) for
passing more
> complicated structures. The same goes for passing data from sub-request to parent one.
>
> Basic goal behind such design is to really, really avoid any possibility of side-effects

Using sessions for passing information should be considered evil (I'm
still being decontaminated and exorcised...). But what about data which
is really relevant e.g. login data. Should it really passed every time?
What if someone logs out? If te session is invalidated you're finished.
With request still having login data you can't be sure you have left
session completely.

Florian