cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Grzegorz Kossakowski <gkossakow...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Servlet service request
Date Fri, 30 Nov 2007 08:11:09 GMT
Reinhard Poetz pisze:
> Carsten Ziegeler wrote:
>> Reinhard Poetz wrote:
>> What happens if a sub request accesses the session? Is an artifical one
>> created?
>
> The current implementation returns an unusable implementation of a
> session which needs to fixed in some way.
>
> After have been using the servlet-service framework for about 1/2 a
> year, I have to say that I haven't been missing the access to sessions
> because a child-request shouldn't affect a parent request. Whatever it
> has to return to its parent, should be part of the response IMO instead
> of being passed around indirectly.

I have exactly the same feelings as Reinhard on this. If you want to pass something to child
request
use request parameters for simple values or POST request (using postable source) for passing
more
complicated structures. The same goes for passing data from sub-request to parent one.

Basic goal behind such design is to really, really avoid any possibility of side-effects.

Nevertheless, I'm also eager to hear others' opinions.

--
Grzegorz Kossakowski