cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Reinhard Poetz <>
Subject Re: svn commit: r599593 - /cocoon/trunk/core/cocoon-servlet-service/cocoon-servlet-service-impl/src/main/java/org/apache/cocoon/servletservice/util/
Date Thu, 29 Nov 2007 22:49:38 GMT
Grzegorz Kossakowski wrote:
> pisze:
>> Author: reinhard
>> Date: Thu Nov 29 14:06:11 2007
>> New Revision: 599593
>> Log:
>> - pass attributes, headers and parameters from parent request to sub request
>> - expand sample
> Hi Reinhard,
> I would like to ask how your changes relate to

I was searching for this patch but didn't find it because it is a sub-task in
Jira. Looking now at it, I see that Rice' implementation goes further than what
I did and my implementation is skipping request parameters passed as querystring
which is definitly an error. I'm going to fix this ASAP.

BTW, do you know why it is necessary to traverse the call stack? Why isn't it
good enough to use the values from the calling request?

> Also, are you planning to add test-cases for this functionality? It would be highly recommended
> have them.

Yes, actually I'm facing some subtle problems with servlet-services, e.g. when
exceptions occur, that make the use of servlet-services sometimes really painful.

I will add some tests before the final release.

Apache Cocoon Committer, PMC member, PMC Chair

View raw message