cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Reinhard Poetz <reinh...@apache.org>
Subject Block-path input module
Date Mon, 26 Nov 2007 07:30:49 GMT
Joerg Heinicke wrote:
> On 25.11.2007 10:32 Uhr, Grzegorz Kossakowski wrote:
>> I'm quite reluctant to accept this patch because I believe that one
>> should never rely on block's
>> directory location
>
> Why? It might be necessary when communicating with other systems. There
> is no difference than with WAR and servlet context directory.

I have the same concerns like Grek. This input module offers a possibility to
cirumvent the public contract of using the 'servlet' protocol and I'm not sure
if this is really a good idea.

Torsten, before we apply this patch,  can you explain your use case which in
your opinion can only be solved by using this input module?