cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Reinhard Poetz <reinh...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Upgrade to Spring 2.5
Date Mon, 26 Nov 2007 07:23:53 GMT
Carsten Ziegeler wrote:
> Reinhard Poetz wrote:
>> Since I've been running successfully two of my custom Cocoon 2.2 apps
>> with Spring 2.5-rc2
>> (http://opensource.atlassian.com/projects/spring/browse/SPR-4081), I
>> upgraded trunk to use Spring 2.5. Since it is aimed to be a drop-in
>> replacement for 2.0.x, I don't expect problems. Doing the upgrade now
>> gives us some time until we release Cocoon 2.2 final which is scheduled
>> for the end of the year.
>>
>> Now we can also think about merging Daniel's work on OSGi (whiteboard),
>> which requires Spring-OSGi, with trunk. Daniel, maybe you can share your
>> thoughts on what this would mean for trunk (build system, required code
>> changes, etc.) and how we can keep the experimental OSGi stuff out of
>> our releases.
>>
> I really like Daniels stuff but why merging it now? Can't we just wait
> after the final release?

I don't think that there is much difference if we add it between 2.2.0-rc2 and
2.2.0-final or 2.2.0 and 2.2.1. AFAIU it's only a different way to build and
package Cocoon.

But I agree with you and Grek that we should wait with the merge because we
should focus our limited resources on the final release instead of getting
side-tracked.