cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Joerg Heinicke <joerg.heini...@gmx.de>
Subject Re: Deprecation of CInclude transformer
Date Fri, 23 Nov 2007 01:53:23 GMT
On 21.11.2007 8:47 Uhr, Ard Schrijvers wrote:

>> BTW IncludeTransformer operation can not be changed easily.
>> If you try to resolve each included URI, to check its new key
>> and validity, you'd also have to parse (or store somewhere!)
>> included parts in order to resolve nested includes - if
>> recursive inclusion is switched on.
>
> Yes indeed. We certainly do not want that! It is working really fine
> ATM, but if you encounter one of the exceptional examples I
> described....well, then you either have to learn about cocoon caching,
> or put you pipelines to noncaching :-)

But why not provide one feature-complete include transformer (but
without the POST and other non-include stuff) instead of two with
different feature sets? We could just add a configuration option that
checks validities recursively. Then we could really deprecate and remove
CInclude transformer.

Joerg