cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Reinhard Poetz <reinh...@apache.org>
Subject Upgrade to Spring 2.5
Date Wed, 21 Nov 2007 16:05:32 GMT

Since I've been running successfully two of my custom Cocoon 2.2 apps with
Spring 2.5-rc2
(http://opensource.atlassian.com/projects/spring/browse/SPR-4081), I upgraded
trunk to use Spring 2.5. Since it is aimed to be a drop-in replacement for
2.0.x, I don't expect problems. Doing the upgrade now gives us some time until
we release Cocoon 2.2 final which is scheduled for the end of the year.

Now we can also think about merging Daniel's work on OSGi (whiteboard), which
requires Spring-OSGi, with trunk. Daniel, maybe you can share your thoughts on
what this would mean for trunk (build system, required code changes, etc.) and
how we can keep the experimental OSGi stuff out of our releases.