cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Vadim Gritsenko <>
Subject Re: Deprecation of CInclude transformer
Date Mon, 19 Nov 2007 15:36:29 GMT
Ralph Goers wrote:
> I just got a response from my Engineer. Here is what he said "I never
> got the xinclude to work. I tried doing a search and replace as well as
> hacking cocoon.xconf to replace the cinclude config to utilize the
> xinclude stuff. All I got were blanks, but no errors. But I did not turn
> on debugging."

Xinclude has different namespace and syntax, so it is not a substitute for

OTH CInclude and Include share same namespace but differ in source resolution,
so if there are relative URLs, it is not a drop-in replacement either. But if
your URLs are all absolute (like cocoon: URLs) then it should work.

> Ralph
> Ralph Goers wrote:
>> Grzegorz Kossakowski wrote:
>>> Could you elaborate on the known differences between CInclude and
>>> Include transformers? Was it discussed somewhere?

>> documents how it is different from CInclude and XInclude.
>>> BTW. I forgot to say that I would like to deprecate CInclude in 2.2
>>> only.
>> Sure.

View raw message