cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Ralph Goers <Ralph.Go...@dslextreme.com>
Subject Re: Deprecation of CInclude transformer
Date Sun, 18 Nov 2007 00:47:48 GMT
We are using CInclude transformer extensively in our product. I asked my
colleague to test the IncludeTransformer a while ago as it should
perform better but I haven't heard back from him. There is one minor
issue that the IncludeTransformer resolves relative URIs relative to the
source document location while the CIncludeTransformer does it
differently.  Hopefully he can deal with that.

Ralph

Grzegorz Kossakowski wrote:
> Hello
>
> Basing on Vadim's explanation[1]:
> "cinclude is old code, ready to be deprecated. include is new code, with new
> features (like parallel includes), and xinclude is based on a standard. If you
> can add xinclude into include transformer, feel free to deprecate xinclude."
>
> I would like to hear your opinions on deprecating CInclude transformer. The arguments
for
> deprecating this transformer are pretty obvious:
> 1. There are three different transformers for the same purpose, we should remove some
of them
> 2. There is a transformer (Include) that is meant to replace old, CInclude transformer.
So there is