cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Grzegorz Kossakowski <g...@tuffmail.com>
Subject Deprecation of CInclude transformer
Date Sat, 17 Nov 2007 13:38:44 GMT
Hello

Basing on Vadim's explanation[1]:
"cinclude is old code, ready to be deprecated. include is new code, with new
features (like parallel includes), and xinclude is based on a standard. If you
can add xinclude into include transformer, feel free to deprecate xinclude."

I would like to hear your opinions on deprecating CInclude transformer. The arguments for
deprecating this transformer are pretty obvious:
1. There are three different transformers for the same purpose, we should remove some of them
2. There is a transformer (Include) that is meant to replace old, CInclude transformer. So
there is
a replacement for the stuff I would like to deprecate.

Anyone would object if I was going to start a vote?

[1] http://article.gmane.org/gmane.text.xml.cocoon.devel/75885

--
Grzegorz Kossakowski