cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Reinhard Poetz <reinh...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Cocoon website urls
Date Sat, 17 Nov 2007 12:48:24 GMT
Grzegorz Kossakowski wrote:
> Carsten Ziegeler pisze:
>> I know that this has been discussed in the past

several times ;-)

>, but nevertheless do we
>> really think that urls like
>>
>> http://cocoon.apache.org/2.2/1290_1_1.html
>>
>> are suited for a top web framework of the 21st century? "1290_1_1" has
>> absolutely no meaning.

actually this was the intention. Since it was me who implemented the Daisy
export plugin for Maven, I decided for non-speaking URLs.

> So what can be done about it?
>
> I support you Carsten on this. I talked about this with Reinhard and, AFAIR,
> he told me that the main reason was to have links immutable. I think we could
> loosen our requirement for having immutable links to just provide permanent
> redirection for changed titles.
>
> I must admit I haven't evaluated if it's technically easy to achieve but at
> least such idea is rather conforms HTTP spec.
>
> The worst thing is that our current version of Daisy does not support titles
> as names of published documents. Am I right Reinhard?

Yes, the Daisy explort plugin doesn't support this feature, but it shouldn't be
too difficult to implement this. However, don't hold your breath that it will be
me who will add this feature because it is rather low on my Cocoon priority list
(long after a final release of 2.2, _wirting_docs, RESTful forms/controller, etc.).