cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Grzegorz Kossakowski <gkossakow...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [cocoon-2.2] Deprecation
Date Thu, 15 Nov 2007 14:37:07 GMT
Vadim Gritsenko pisze:
> Vadim Gritsenko wrote:
>> The first step IMHO should be to make sure core Cocoon 2.1
>> functionality is working. Take a look at "Core Samples". Once all of
>> them are working I'd be more comfortable discussing all other steps.
>
> This one bothers me most...
> http://localhost:8888/samples/core/aggregation/aggregate3

Take a look at sitemap snippet:
      <map:match pattern="aggregate3">
        <map:generate src="aggregate.xml"/>
        <map:transform type="include">
          <map:parameter name="parallel" value="true"/> <!-- this setting makes a
sample failing -->
        </map:transform>
        <map:transform src="stylesheets/news.xsl"/>
        <map:serialize/>
      </map:match>

If you change it to false everything will work fine. I have no idea how
o.a.c.transformation.IncludeTransformer works so I'm not sure why it makes our processing
logic to fail.

To be honest, I didn't even know that such transformer exists up to now. Why do we need 3
different
transformers doing exactly the same?

As it only fails in parallel mode I wouldn't consider it as critical problem but certainly
it's wise
to create a bug report in JIRA so the problem is not lost.

> Failing XSLTC is also a problem but not as critical.

What's the error when it fails? Can you give me a pointer to a sample exhibiting this problem?

> There is also some XML APIs conflict in XInclude sample...
> http://localhost:8888/samples/core/aggregation/test.html

Hmmm? This one works fine for me.

--
Grzegorz Kossakowski