cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Grzegorz Kossakowski <gkossakow...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [cocoon-2.2] Deprecation
Date Tue, 13 Nov 2007 19:45:56 GMT
Vadim Gritsenko pisze:
> Grzegorz Kossakowski wrote:
>> Why can't we wait? Because cocoon: + map:mount combo is a major pain
>> whenever one wants to touch
>> Cocoon's core.
>
> Not knowing much about servlet: protocol, but how it is different from
> the servlet: + map:mount? From what I can see so far, these two should
> be - if not identical at the moment - but close in functionality?

servlet: + map:mount combo is bad idea either because contexts would not be resolved correctly.
mean: if use URL like "servlet:/something" in mounted sitemap Cocoon resolve it using base
sitemap.
Of course we could fix that quite easily but the question is why to do that?
Instead of using servlet: protocol + map:mount you should just create several separate
SitemapServlet beans mounted at different paths or split your application into a few blocks
if it
makes sense.

Anyway, general thought that servlet: protocol + creation of several SitemapServlet beans
offer
similar functionality to cocoon: protocol + map:mount is right.

--
Grzegorz Kossakowski