cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Grzegorz Kossakowski <gkossakow...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [cocoon-2.2] Deprecation
Date Tue, 06 Nov 2007 20:20:16 GMT
Thorsten Scherler pisze:

> Hmm, I must admit I am still catching up with the discussion around the
> cocoon:// protocol, but must admit that it is quite essential in e.g.
> forrest.
>
> We are making lots of use of pass-trough mounts and invocation of the
> project specific sitemaps from the forrest core via cocoon:// calls.

> Now with the servlet: protocol (as I understand it) you need to know
> before hand the name of the servlet you want to consult. This is not
> practical in forrest where a project can be called as it want. Meaning
> if cocoon:// is gone and no other protocol will offer the functionality
> then forrest has a problem.

I would really like to see more detailed description of the flow in your sitemaps that use
cocoon://
protocol intensively. This would really help me to understand what problems could cause hypothetical
deprecation of cocoon: protocol.

Answering your concrete question there is nothing that stops you from evaluating servlet's
name at
runtime as long as you are connected to that servlet. Connections between servlets are static
at
this point (actually I believe they are static) but it's not a problem to change that.

--
Grzegorz Kossakowski