cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Andrew Stevens <at...@hotmail.com>
Subject RE: XHTML Serializer bug?
Date Wed, 10 Oct 2007 10:45:56 GMT

Okay, let's try this again, stripping out the less than signs...
You'd think hotmail were deliberately trying to get me to switch
to google mail ;-)

> Date: Tue, 9 Oct 2007 09:27:57 +0200
> From: j.joachimsthal@hippo.nl

> You can work around this by using xsl:comment instead of CDATA.
> This will not work if there's a JX generation or transformation after
> the xsl:comment because it will remove all information in the
> xsl:comment.
>
> Regards,
>
> Jasha Joachimsthal

Just a random thought - if hiding script tags' contents with comment tags
is still "best practice", couldn't the (X)HTML serializers be changed to add
those automatically if not present (with, say, a configuration parameter to
disable it if needed)?  That way, you can just put the javascript directly in
the element in your XSL and still have it properly hidden, without having to
mess around with CDATA or xsl:comment and with no worries that it might
be considered a comment and removed by a later transformer or c/xinclude?

Andrew.
--
http://pseudoq.sourceforge.net/  Open source java Sudoku app

100’s of Music vouchers to be won with MSN Music
https://www.musicmashup.co.uk