cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Grzegorz Kossakowski <gkossakow...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Logging of AbstractSAXTransformer
Date Wed, 31 Oct 2007 00:16:30 GMT
Thorsten Scherler pisze:
> On Tue, 2007-10-30 at 18:27 +0100, Reinhard Poetz wrote:
>> Thorsten Scherler wrote:
>> The problem is that the AbstractSAXTransformer still uses Logkit logging and if
>> it is initialized by Spring, the logger isn't set.
>>
>> Fhis has been fixed in trunk by Vadim recently and will be part of the next release.
>
> I must admit that maven and me are not the best mates, but I am using
> latest trunk and still have this problem.

Don't worry, after some practising you should get enough expertise in use of Maven to work
effectively with Cocoon's trunk.

> I reckon it is a maven issue with artifacts et al. but how can I do aka
> ant a "ant clean build" from my current trunk and maven is actually
> using the trunk?

Just go to the Cocoon's root directory and type:
mvn clean install (or some variant of this command like with -P allblocks, etc)

This will install all Cocoon's snapshot artifacts made from Cocoon's trunk to your local Maven
repository. Then, when developing your application you just need to change version of Cocoon's
dependencies to snapshosts, e.g. dependency on cocoon-core artifact should have 2.2.0-RC3-SNAPSHOT
version.

> Further I am really missing some documentation about components using
> the new spring stuff only. I mean I know how to write avalon components
> from 2.1 but since I am trying to jump on the 2.2 train I want to
> develop avalon less components (I reckon that is the reason to use 2.2
> after all). I will try to add some as soon I get my custom transformer
> running.

Because of latest Vadim's effort you don't need to do that much. Just write spring bean, put
configuration in src/main/resources/META-INF/cocoon/spring directory and it should work as
long as
you are using Cocoon's trunk that includes all recent fixes.

If you want to examine existing Cocoon's components based on Spring just search for configuration
files in src/main/resources/META-INF/cocoon/spring of all modules.

When it comes to documentation, I think that document explaining how to develop Spring-based
Cocoon
component wouldn't be complicated or very long. The effort should consist of searching mail
archives
for all problems people had with developing Spring-based components up to date and collecting
all
the hints in one place in a consistent way.

Since I'm going to have some break from studying at my university in upcoming days I would
do this
work since such document is urgently needed.

Thorsten, I would be grateful if you could help me with this by reviewing what I write or
even
gathering all e-mails related to this topic from archives. Yes, this would be very helpful
because
it would generate more pressure on me. ;-)

> Thanks for all your efforts.

You welcome!

--
Grzegorz Kossakowski