cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Grzegorz Kossakowski <g...@tuffmail.com>
Subject Confusion about property-based beans configuration
Date Wed, 24 Oct 2007 20:58:34 GMT
Hello,

I'm just trying to use propertu-based configuration of Spring beans and I'm facing several
problems.
First of all there is some confusion about correct syntax, at[1] there is information that
syntax is
as follows:
my.special.beanName#property=somevalue

However, when taking a look at ExtendedPropertyOverrideConfigurer[2] class I see this comment:
 * Our version of the property override configurer which reads properties from
 * the Cocoon spring configuration directory. A property should have the
 * following format: {bean name}/{property name}={value}.

The question is: which syntax is correct?

Another one is about location of property files taken into account when updating beans' definitions.
  The mentioned page states that location is:
/META-INF/cocoon/spring

but I wonder how this relates to the block structure explained here[3]? At that page we can
see that
default location for properties is:
/META-INF/cocoon/properties/

I'm little bit confused, could someone explain this inconsistency?

[1] http://cocoon.apache.org/subprojects/configuration/1.0/spring-configurator/1.0/1312_1_1.html
[2]
http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/cocoon/trunk/core/cocoon-configuration/cocoon-spring-configurator/src/main/java/org/apache/cocoon/spring/configurator/impl/ExtendedPropertyOverrideConfigurer.java
[3] http://cocoon.zones.apache.org/daisy/cdocs/g1/g1/g4/1263.html