cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Reinhard Poetz <reinh...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Cocoon Profiler development
Date Wed, 24 Oct 2007 06:01:49 GMT
András Hatvani wrote:
> Hi Joerg,
>
> thanks for your quick reply and sorry for my delay.
> On the page http://cocoon.apache.org/2.2/blocks/1204_1_1.html you wrote:
> "This list of blocks hasn't been released yet. Your help is more than
> appreciated to make them ready for a release as Cocoon 2.2 block."
> I have my focus on the performance and I think the Profiler is a tool
> which can help web developers to optimize their code.
> But as stated on the before mentioned web page the development of this
> block should be supported and that's the reason, why I would like to
> participate.
> I've started with checking out and analyzing the existing code, but I
> don't know, who else works on this block, is there already a design, are
> there timelines etc.,
> so mostly organisatoric questions for the begin.

András,

your contributions to the profiler are more than welcome. IIRC there were some
bugfixes some time ago to make it work with trunk. As a first step you should
find out if the code is useable as it is  today by checking the samples.

I would also be interested if you have further ideas about additional functionality.