cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Vadim Gritsenko <va...@reverycodes.com>
Subject Re: Calling an InputModule from flowscript
Date Fri, 19 Oct 2007 18:19:06 GMT
Joerg Heinicke wrote:
> On 10/17/07 12:20 PM, Tobia Conforto wrote:
>

> The object model is indeed not made available in the flow script. You
> can get it from the Avalon context though (code from FOM_Cocoon.java):
> ContextHelper.getObjectModel(avalonContext)
> Unfortuntely, this one is neither available by default. I remember Ard
> posted a solution a while ago to retrieve the Avalon context in a
> hackish way.

Ummm why would you need hackish way if it is readily supplied to any
Contextualizable? InputModule just need to implement Contextualizable, and this
is not a hack. Do I miss something?

> To dev: How is this supposed to be handled? Should access to object
> model be granted? What does the unified object model change about this?

IIRC the decision was that objectModel need not to be present in flowscript; and
  in the components it is easily obtainable from context, as you mentioned above.

Vadim