cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Reinhard Poetz <reinh...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Springifying Cocoon 2.2 (or not)
Date Fri, 19 Oct 2007 09:43:45 GMT
Grzegorz Kossakowski wrote:
> Reinhard Poetz pisze:
>> +1
>>
>> Let's fix this for the final 2.2 release and work in parallel on the
>> springification. As soon as it is done, we branch off 2.2 and merge the
>> springified Cocoon back into trunk.
>>
>> WDOT?
>
> I don't agree with this. I would choose following way: if something is
> already springified and it works let's just leave it as is and only if we
> want to springify something new let's do it in a branch. I think that letting
>  some Springified components in 2.2 final is a right way to go because we can
> put some small number components as a "sample" that will verify our view on
> the Springification process that is not such a manual work as we thought.
>
> Gathered experience from that small number of Springified components put in
> the wild will help us to finish whole Springification in further releases.

Yes, after thinking more about it I believe it is not necessary to revert the
springifcation of sitemap components because Daniel took care for keeping the
Configureable interface. If someone created his own sitemap component
configuration in a sitemap, this will still work in 2.2. That's good enough for
me (at least).

For the future springification of sitemap components we agreed that we do it in
a branch because we will also remove the Avalon interfaces. From this point on
old Avalon configurations won't work for them any longer and we have to use
"2.3" as version.