cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Vadim Gritsenko <va...@reverycodes.com>
Subject Re: Performance problems with 2.1.10 using FOM JavaScript cocoon.load()
Date Thu, 18 Oct 2007 16:01:17 GMT
Ferda wrote:
> Ø       The problem is that when upgrading to Cocoon 2.1.10 for
> Ø       one of our software packages to make use of all the improvements
> Ø       in 2.1.10, we're hitting an enormous performance hit.  We
> Ø       basically see that requests which would normally take 10ths
> Ø       to 100thms of microseconds now takes seconds up to a minute
> Ø       to execute, where the processor is fully used.
>
> Has there been any solution to this issue?

As the first step, please configure your email client to send plain text emails.
Thank you.

> I am rather desperate to for
> this to be solved because I have upgraded a production system that
> supports 50 simultaneous video stream feeds and response time has
> degraded to between 5 to 10 minutes after around 20 feeds have started up.

I do remember some JavaScript related performance issues which reportedly were
resolved in later Rhino releases. Can you check what version of js library you
use, and try newer one? There is js-1.6R7.jar available.

See also
http://marc.info/?l=xml-cocoon-dev&m=118063408006819

Vadim