cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Joerg Heinicke <joerg.heini...@gmx.de>
Subject Re: Cocoon Profiler development
Date Thu, 18 Oct 2007 04:04:42 GMT
On 10/17/07 5:27 PM, AndrĂ¡s Hatvani wrote:

> I would like to work on the Cocoon Profiler, but since I never worked
> on an open source project I have no idea where to start.
> Can you please advise me where to start?

What exactly do you have in mind? Have you already been working with it
and do you want to extent its functionality?

The first thing is usually to have a look at the open source. Therefore
get your copy from the SVN repository. Depending on the size of your
potential contribution it's a good idea to discuss about your proposal
on this list. Finally you can raise an enhancement request in our issue
tracking system Jira and attach your code/patch there. After this it's
up to us to apply the change - which unfortunately takes too often too
much time. Bugging us frequently might help ;) Most of the stuff is
explained in more detail at http://cocoon.apache.org/2.1/1177.html (not
every information in it might be up to date).

Hope this helps and gets you started.

Joerg