cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Grzegorz Kossakowski <gkossakow...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Springifying Cocoon 2.2 (or not)
Date Wed, 17 Oct 2007 19:23:56 GMT
Reinhard Poetz pisze:

> +1
>
> Let's fix this for the final 2.2 release and work in parallel on the
> springification. As soon as it is done, we branch off 2.2 and merge the
> springified Cocoon back into trunk.
>
> WDOT?

I don't agree with this.
I would choose following way: if something is already springified and it works let's just
leave it
as is and only if we want to springify something new let's do it in a branch. I think that
letting
some Springified components in 2.2 final is a right way to go because we can put some small
number
components as a "sample" that will verify our view on the Springification process that is
not such a
manual work as we thought.

Gathered experience from that small number of Springified components put in the wild will
help us to
finish whole Springification in further releases.

WDYT?

--
Grzegorz Kossakowski