cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Reinhard Poetz <reinh...@apache.org>
Subject Preparing Cocoon 2.2-final
Date Mon, 15 Oct 2007 08:34:09 GMT

As I announced in the RC2 voting thread, I think that it is time for the final
release of Cocoon 2.2. What issues are open that have to be resolved by then?
Here is the list of items that I've found:

  - provide a migration guide (???)

  - deprecation (???)
    We have to deprecate everything that we want to remove in Cocoon 2.3.
    (If nobody beats me, I will start off a discussion about this soon.)

    Deprecation means that we have to add the information to
    src/changes/changes.xml, write out deprecation logs, add information
    to the migration guide and set the @deprecated annotation.

  - springification (???)
    Some sitemap components have already been springified. We should revert
    this in trunk and work on the springification in a seperate branch.

    This way 2.1 sitemaps are 100 % compatible with 2.2.

  - provide a binary release of Cocoon 2.2 (Reinhard)

  - prepare the press release (Gianguo)

  - servlet-service documentation (???)
    The servlet-service framework has become a central part of Cocoon and is
    also useable without Cocoon core.

  - add a functional tutorial that shows the power of Cocoon (Lars)

Anything else? If there are volonteers for the 4 open tasks (see ???), we should
be able to release by the end of November.

WDYT?