cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Reinhard Poetz <reinh...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Improve Cocoon Website
Date Thu, 11 Oct 2007 20:36:01 GMT
solprovider@apache.org wrote:
> Some suggestions for:
> Cocoon 2.2 - All Sitemap Components
> http://cocoon.apache.org/2.2/1347_1_1.html
>
> 1. Make names in second column into links and delete the third column.
>  Having a "Details" column wastes space and reduces usability.
>
> USECASE: I want "FileGenerator".  I am looking at "FileGenerator".  I
> cannot click "FileGenerator".  To learn more, I need to look to the
> right edge of the screen without blinking to choose one of the
> identical "Details" links.

good suggestions

> 2. Fix the data pages.
> Basic Information
> Component type	org.apache.cocoon.serialization.SVGSerializer
> Cocoon block	Serializer
> Java class	batik
> Cachable	Yes
>
> The first three labels do not match the data.

yes, this was brought up recently. I will fix it asap.

> 3. Better URL
> http://cocoon.apache.org/2.2/components.html
> Would be better than:
> http://cocoon.apache.org/2.2/1347_1_1.html

It shouldn't be too hard to patch the Daisy export plugin to support speaking
names too though I'm not convinced that speaking names are a good thing in our
case. If somebody is willing to work on it, I will happily discuss this topic
(again).

> I registered on the website

sorry, can't follow you here. Where did you register exactly and are awaiting
feedback?

>, but no confirmation memo has appeared.
> JIRA does not have a "Website" component.  Where do these suggestions
> belong?

In Jira there is a component type "Documentation".