cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Leszek Gawron <lgaw...@mobilebox.pl>
Subject Re: JXTemplate is broken by implementing Recycable interface
Date Thu, 11 Oct 2007 10:33:31 GMT
Vadim Gritsenko wrote:
> Leszek Gawron wrote:
>> Joerg Heinicke wrote:

>>> But that's an interface and the method is probably called by the
>>> pipeline. You still have to support both Avalon and Spring and need
>>> at least a migration path in the pipeline.
>>
>> Of course not now but that is just a pointer that spring invalidates
>> somehow this interface.
>
> May be a bit of RT, but would it be possible to replace this interface
> with pipeline scope and injection of parameters. Resolver and object
> model already can be injected, IIUC. Same could be extended to source
> and parameters. WDYT?

This is exactly what I indicated. There is a little problem with this
though. Currently SitemapModelComponent.setup() apart from setting
component context is also able to perform some logic (like in JXTG
resolving and parsing jx template). If there is no such method this code
would have to be moved to generate() which may introduce unknown side
effects.

--
Leszek Gawron                         http://www.mobilebox.pl/krs.html
CTO at MobileBox Ltd.