cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Daniel Fagerstrom <dani...@nada.kth.se>
Subject Re: JXTemplate is broken by implementing Recycable interface
Date Wed, 10 Oct 2007 16:38:09 GMT
Vadim Gritsenko skrev:
> Leszek Gawron wrote:
>> Joerg Heinicke wrote:

>>> But that's an interface and the method is probably called by the
>>> pipeline. You still have to support both Avalon and Spring and need
>>> at least a migration path in the pipeline.
>>
>> Of course not now but that is just a pointer that spring invalidates
>> somehow this interface.
>
> May be a bit of RT, but would it be possible to replace this interface
> with pipeline scope and injection of parameters. Resolver and object
> model already can be injected, IIUC. Same could be extended to source
> and parameters. WDYT?

Yes. What is needed is a "sitemap component" scope. During sitemap
execution the current source and parameters are pushed on a (thread
local) stack before calling methods on the sitemap components and pulled
afterwards. Then there are proxied sitemap component scoped factory
beans for the current parameters and source that just access from the stack.

As all context change might be expensive we might restrict the
implementation of sitemap component scope so that it only works for
prototype scoped sitemap components and during their creation.

A somewhat different approach would be to do a little bit like Struts 2
and have a special bean post processor that use the above mentioned
stack and auto wire parameters, source and various objects in the object
model.

Some earlier thoughts about this topic can be found here
http://marc.info/?l=xml-cocoon-dev&m=118578691800176&w=2 and here
http://marc.info/?l=xml-cocoon-dev&m=118755548212158&w=2.

/Daniel