cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Daniel Fagerstrom <>
Subject Re: Springifying Cocoon 2.2 (or not)
Date Wed, 10 Oct 2007 15:40:44 GMT
Reinhard Poetz skrev:
> Leszek Gawron wrote:
>> Reinhard Poetz wrote:
>>> Do we really want to springify trunk *now*? The problem is that the
>>> migration of Cocoon 2.1 apps gets more difficult if you have to
>>> rewrite all your component configurations.
>>> My proposal is that we add deprecation logs if somebody uses
>>> <map:component> in a sitemap and wait with springifying sitemap
>>> components until after the 2.2 release. When we are done we release
>>> 2.3.
>>> WDOT?
>> What do we do with sitemap components that have already been
>> springified? CTemplate and CForms in particular.
> We release 1.0.x with Avalon components.
>> I guess your proposal is about sitemap components.
> yes.
>> Core components like continuations manager can be springified with no
>> harm for users.
> I know.
> Don't get me wrong. I would love to move to Spring sooner than later
> but I wonder if this wouldn't be a too big step.
Starting to think so as well.

For the moment I would propose that we fork cocoon-pipeline-components
and cocoon-sitemap-components to the whiteboard. Then people who are
intrested can work on Springification, using more appropriate packages,
simplify the API and so on. When we have a clearer picture about how we
want the components we can move back the improved sitemap components to
trunk and depricate the current ones.

After having forked cocoon-pipeline-components and
cocoon-sitemap-components we should probably revert the Springifiction
of the generators, serializers and readers in cocoon-pipeline-components.

View raw message