cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Reinhard Poetz <reinh...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Springifying Cocoon 2.2 (or not)
Date Wed, 10 Oct 2007 11:06:06 GMT
Leszek Gawron wrote:
> Reinhard Poetz wrote:

>>> lovely, less work for me :)
>>>
>>> and seriously: +1
>>
>> Do we really want to springify trunk *now*? The problem is that the
>> migration of Cocoon 2.1 apps gets more difficult if you have to
>> rewrite all your component configurations.
>>
>> My proposal is that we add deprecation logs if somebody uses
>> <map:component> in a sitemap and wait with springifying sitemap
>> components until after the 2.2 release. When we are done we release 2.3.
>>
>> WDOT?
>
> What do we do with sitemap components that have already been
> springified? CTemplate and CForms in particular.

We release 1.0.x with Avalon components.

> I guess your proposal is about sitemap components.

yes.

> Core components like
> continuations manager can be springified with no harm for users.

I know.

Don't get me wrong. I would love to move to Spring sooner than later but I
wonder if this wouldn't be a too big step. On the other hand as long as users
get detailed instructions of what they have to do, they don't care that much. A
good example for this is Daisy which sometimes comes with a rather long list of
what needs to be done for an upgrade, but if you follow it carefully it simply
works.