cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Leszek Gawron <lgaw...@mobilebox.pl>
Subject Re: Springifying Cocoon 2.2 (or not)
Date Wed, 10 Oct 2007 09:19:58 GMT
Reinhard Poetz wrote:

>>> +1
>>
>> lovely, less work for me :)
>>
>> and seriously: +1
>
> Do we really want to springify trunk *now*? The problem is that the
> migration of Cocoon 2.1 apps gets more difficult if you have to rewrite
> all your component configurations.
>
> My proposal is that we add deprecation logs if somebody uses
> <map:component> in a sitemap and wait with springifying sitemap
> components until after the 2.2 release. When we are done we release 2.3.
>
> WDOT?

What do we do with sitemap components that have already been
springified? CTemplate and CForms in particular.

I guess your proposal is about sitemap components. Core components like
continuations manager can be springified with no harm for users.

--
Leszek Gawron                         http://www.mobilebox.pl/krs.html
CTO at MobileBox Ltd.